Yeah. It’s a year late. So shoot me.
1. Metallica – Death Magnetic – Melts faces.
2. Girl Talk – Feed The Animals – Make sure and get the real one, not the fake one that’s floating around. The fake one is poop. Follow the link for the right download.
3. Ida Maria – Fortress ‘Round My Heart – Norwegian pop punk. Imagine Bjork + Sex Pistols.
4. TRV$DJAM – Fix Your Face – Just a great DJ dance mix… accompanied by Green Day’s drummer. Follow link for free download of Fix Your Face one and two.
5. The Black Keys – Attack & Release – More classic rock, less blues, than their earlier releases, but still very good. A band matures… I’m so proud!
6. The Presets – Apocalypso – Is it heavy metal? Is it trance? Is it new wave? Is it emo? I can’t tell.
7. Steve Aoki – Pillowface and His Airplane Chronicles – Just another DJ dance mix.
8. Vampire Weekend – Vampire Weekend – I listened to this CD about a million times without even realizing it.
9. Portishead – Third – uhhh… IT’S FUCKING PORTISHEAD!!!?
10. Alejandro Escovedo – Real Animal – Standard rock and roll fare, but you can only listen to so much Tom Petty, sometimes you gotta change it up.
Name Check Central:
Bon Iver – For Emma, Forever Ago
Fleet Foxes – Fleet Foxes
Steinski – What Does It All Mean?
TV On The Radio – Dear Science
Blitzen Trapper – Furr
Jenny Lewis – Acid Tongue
Fur Bearing Animals – Fur Bearing Animals
Drive By Truckers – Brighter Than Creation’s Dark
Calexico – Carried To Dust
Morcheeba – Dive Deep
Sam Phillips – Don’t Do Anything
Jim – Jamie Lidell
Cat Power – Jukebox
Gnarls Barkley – The Odd Couple
The Knux – Remind Me in 3 Days
Ghostland Observatory – Robotique Majestique
Goldfrapp – Seventh Tree
The Courteeners – St. Jude